SACD player question

Username: Nutopia

Post Number: 1
I have a Sony 400-disc DVP-CX985V hooked into a Kenwood VR-615 using 6-channel. I was playing an SACD of Bob Dylan's Blonde on Blonde and on the song, "I Want You" I could hear no voice. On another song I could not hear a harmonica. On other songs, it sounded fine. When I connected the components not using 6-channel, I could hear everything fine. What could the problem be?

Bronze Member
Username: Arnold_layne

MadridSpain

Post Number: 75
First step is having a look at speaker connections, especially center channel.

Next thing to double-check is interconnect cables. A common mistake is to confuse subwoofer and center channels. Also, RCA contacts should be well-fitting.

If this does not help, I'm afraid you'd need to work through player and receiver manuals. Could be some weird setup issue.

Cheers
AL

Post Number: 2
I bet it is a weird set up issue because it only happens like this on a few songs. I'm definately getting a signal from my center channel and my sub on other songs.

Back to the manual... :-(

Bronze Member

MadridSpain

Post Number: 78
One setup issue to try would be eliminating all DP on player. I.e. setting all speakers to large, and default volume and distance adjustmens. And to make sure multichannel option is active wherever it appears.

I have ocasionally the same problem on a totally different player. In my case I suspect firmware, which sometimes is updated by manufacturer. Maybe you should check out Sony website.

Post Number: 3
I have figured out the problem! There was a setting on the reciever that I did not know about because I hadn't used it before. Once I set this right, everything sounded....incredible! Thanks

Bronze Member

MadridSpain

Post Number: 97
Just for curiosity, what setting was that?

Post Number: 4
I will have to take a look at my receiver when it's in front of me to know for sure...
There are multiple sound settings on it, and I had the most obvious one set to 6-channel, but under a "sound" button there was another 6-channel that needed to be set. I will take a look at it when I get home and I think I will have a few more questions for you guys about that ;)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us