NAD 320BEE.... is it really that good?

Username: Cristim

Post Number: 1
Hello

I am based in Romania and I am thinking of buying my first stereo hi-fi system.

As I am on a tight budget, the alternatives here are NAD 320bee, onkyo a9211, denon pma-495, maybe pma-655 or the cheapest Rotel - I don't know exactly which model.

As for speakers, I am thinking of a pair of bookshelf speakers - Mission M72, B&W dm303 or Tannoy MX2.

NAD is relatively less known here and I am looking for a neutral opinion about 320bee as I read some contradictory reviews about it. I am not expecting very much for this kind of money, but I wouldn't like to be disappointed by my very first hi-fi system...

Thank you very much.

Bronze Member
Username: Danman

Post Number: 30
I had one before purchasing my C372 and it was wonderful. Much more powerful than specified. I was running it with NAD 521i and PSB 2B speakers and was very happy with that for a couple of years. You will not regret.

I am not sure what tyope of contradictory reviews you read but I would suggest that you go to the NAD website for some independant ones as well as go listen for yourself.........that is the true test.

Anonymous

I have both the NAD "bee" series amp and CD player.

A very capable combo and the amp does deliver MORE than the 50watts RMS that they claim (more like 65), HOWEVER............

If you want fantastic reproduction, you will want to spend at least as much as both these devices cost together on some good speakers. Bookshelf speakers will not do the NAD justice.

Just my 2c (or whatever your smallest coin is in Romainia) worth...

Silver Member
Username: Sun_king

Leeds, West Yorkshire UK

Post Number: 169
The C320BEE is a marvellous amp, lovely and warm yet very detailed. The midrange alone is easily worth the entrance price! Just don't expect the bass depth of more expensive amps.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
Agree with you both. Great starter kit. SunKing you give me the impression that you like deep bass............ Do you have a sub.......

Username: Cristim

Post Number: 2
Thank you very much for your advice. I've bought the NAD, it sounded indeed really good.

Now I'm looking for a pair of speakers for it. I discovered some other models available: PSB Image 2b, AE Aegis Evo One, Jamo E610 + the others stated in the first post.

I need some help about which speakers would best match the amp. Of course I am going to listen to them, but any indication would be valuable.

Thank you.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
AXIOM M3's are what I had with it and also PSB 2B......very good as well. The AXIOMS have better midrange. You may want a small floor standing model as well.

Check www.axiomaudio.com

You can't listen to them BUT they are returnable (is that a word?) before 30 days and their service is fanatastic and have a warantee of 5 years.

Silver Member
Username: Sun_king

Leeds, West Yorkshire UK

Post Number: 174
Danman,

Yeah I like deep bass. I'm not a dance music man though! I just figure if you've got a decent hifi then it should reproduce all the frequencies very well. Lots of people judge a system by how well it deals with the bass.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
Not saying your wrong SunKing but many companies that produce high end equipment don't "boost" bass that is not there! You are supposed to hear music as it is recorded and if you want more, turn off the tone defeat switch and you will hear it or better yet........get a good sub. I bought home many amps and none of them produced a bigger oooommph that what my NAD does. Only the Krell was better at mid-bass and I was not alone in this audition. But this amp was 3 times the price!

Unregistered guest
Hi,
I don't want to disturb at answering cristy moga's question but... can you (Sun King, Danman, anyone...) tell me your opinion about NAD 320BEE + Mordaunt-Short Avant 906 combination? I bought MS906 and now I am looking for a new amp for them. Thanks.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 52
Never heard your speakers but I have listened to others (from this company) that were excellent......very good bass from small speakers.

The NAD 320BEE is very hard to beat for the price no matter what anyone says here on this board! Go listen to it and let us know
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us