HSU Research VTF 3 vs. HSU Research VTF 3 MKII

Anyone know the difference between these two subs? Why is the new version $200 cheaper than the old version? Are they making the new version lesser?

Anonymous
Here are the differences:
  • 350 Watt Bash amp instead of a 250 watt class A/B
  • real piano black finish that takes a week to make, instead of a painted finish,
  • cost of $799 factory direct, instead of $849
  • metal spiked feet instead of plastic feet
  • plexiglass logo that lights up when the subwoofer is on, instead of removable logo
  • downfiring
Here is an early prototype picture.

Johnnyness
thanks for the information. If the old design was so great, which is what everyone tells me, why did they make changes? I wish there was a place I could go listen to one. 800-Stereo is selling the old one for 699 I think, so I am wondering if I should jump on it before it goes away?

Where did you see it for $699? I see it at $850?

Please email me at dba4life@aol.com if you see it at $699.

Thanks

Johnnyness
I would swear they had it at 699 earlier today... but you're right, its at 850 now. I wonder if they had a mistake, or if I did.... wouldn't be the first time I suppose

Username: Heff

Post Number: 14
Their older models are on sale b/c their updated ones are scheduled to ship soon. Free shipping and handling for pre-orders. :-)

There's a bunch of people who can answer your questions at the Hsu forum found here http://www.hsuresearch.com/forum/

IMHO, buying from authorized dealers will give you peace of mind in case you need warranty service.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us