Receiver advice

Ryanjj
Unregistered guest
Hi,

I have the SKS-HT240 Onkyo 6.1 speakers and am looking for a receiver. Looking to spend ~$300-500, I was hoping to find something with Pro Logic IIx support and possibly headphone surround (though, I am not sure how well this feature actually works).

Thanks in advance.

anon12
Unregistered guest
well i would go to marantz.com and look at their current line of receivers. the proble is that the receiver that has all the formats and the headphone surround feature, are probably over the $500 mark. But it still great! the marantz uses the srs tru surround xt headphone system. and from what i heard, it works great. Secondly I can personally say the the silent cinema from Yamaha works great!! and any receiver that yamaha currently make has that feature and as well as the virtual cinema. vitural cinema will let you use your front mains or your front mains and center channel for 5.1 surround. I tried both and they both work great! It is really convincing!!

Ryanjj
Unregistered guest
Yea I was looking at marantz and HK and really liked both. I should also mention I would be using this set-up for mostly music and videogames.

Ryanjj
Unregistered guest
I was looking at the HK Avr 430 and saw that it will be upgradable to Pro Logix IIx. This may be a silly question, but will a 6.1 speaker set-up work with this 7.1 receiver?

Gold Member
Username: Kegger

MICHIGAN

Post Number: 1126
yes and the hk is a fine choice for reciever.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us