Bose Speakers

Username: Janasgirl

Post Number: 3
I just bought my first home theatre system. We got a Yamaha htr-5760 receiver with the acoustimass 6 series from Bose. I've been reading posts about Bose and wondering if they really suck that bad. I haven't hooked them up yet but at the store they sounded great. Our living room isn't that big so will these be fine or did I get jipped.

Bronze Member
Username: Jamesp

Mansfield , TX USA

Post Number: 14
The energy take 5.2 system is an excellent small speaker system that is worth listening to before installing the Bose. You will need to go to the energy website and find a dealer close to you. I don't think Energy is sold at any of the major chain stores like best buy. Another suggestion is the HSU research ventriloquist system for $299 without sub add $299/stf-1, 8 inch sub or $399 stf-2, 10 inch sub. Compusa carries HSU so you can listen to them there and you can buy from either compusa or hsuresearch.com

Post Number: 4
ty...like I said I've been reading online and some people say their fine for smaller rooms. I guess it depends what you're looking for. I'll probably go and listen to something else....

Bronze Member

Mansfield , TX USA

Post Number: 16
The Bose Acoustimass 6 would work fine for a small room. I personally feel for the money the other systems sound much better and you would be happier with them in the long run.

Post Number: 5
I hate to ask this because I will sound stupid but I'm a complete newbie when it comes to surround sound but what is considered a small room? Because maybe mine just seems small to me..lol.

Bronze Member

Mansfield , TX USA

Post Number: 17
Do you know the dimensions of the room?

Post Number: 6
it's about 15x12

Bronze Member

Mansfield , TX USA

Post Number: 18
A micro system would work in there like the Bose, HSU, or energy.

Post Number: 7
ty very much

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 468
In my opinion there's not such place or use where Bose would be a good choice. A 15x12 room will easily handle normal speakers which will output a lot better sound with smaller price than any Bose system.

Post Number: 9
I take it you don't like Bose either?

Unregistered guest
Angela, as your listening abilities get more critical, and your exposed to more audio products, you'll understand why Bose is not as good as most others. They get their customer base from mostly new audio purchasers, or those that don't want big, ugly speakers all over the room.
So instead, they settle for little, terrible sounding speakers from Bose. Ask yourself the following question when auditioning ANY audio product: Does it sound like music or a recording of music? That one question will get you farther than any spec, or any manufacturers claims. Does it sound like real live music? Turn it on Angela. Does it sound like real, live music?

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 545
Angela,
I just read your post in the receivers section and I take it you bought the Bose and I must say if so you made a mistake. You also bought a very thin sounding Yamaha receiver so that combination is really the worst possible. My advise is to keep the receiver and take the Bose bach ASAP. Yamaha and Bose together says "Best Buy" or some other such audio hell as that and if I'm correct they will take them back. If you did go to Best Buy listen to the Athena speakers there and you'll see they are much better and probably cheaper. If not find the nearest store that sells Paradigm and you'll find a line that works very well with Yamaha.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us