NEED HELP BUYING AMP, WANT YOUR OPPINIONS ON THIS.......

Username: Fizzingwhizbee0

Post Number: 1
Ok, i need to buy an amp, although i dont know what watt amp i should be looking for...i'll be using it for performing, doing gigs etc as im part of a band....we dont play heavy stuff, we've been borrowing amps the last 5 months.....
I obviously dont want to spend a huge amount of money,....

what would your oppinions be on the following...

Output Power 12-Watts
Speaker Size 8" Celestion
Number of Channels 1
EQ Type Low & High
Effects N/A
CD/Tape Input No
Headphone Jack Yes
External Speaker Output Yes
External Effects Loop No
Tone switch switches
between USA and UK tones

i need info on what it all means... thanx
<:3)~~~

Silver Member
Username: Sun_king

Leeds, West Yorkshire UK

Post Number: 155
This is a home audio (hifi) forum so I doubt you'll get much assistance here. Is the amp going to be used for guitar/bass/vocals? You'll get more specific advice in a musical instruments store. Take their advice and then shop privately if price is the key.

Username: Fizzingwhizbee0

Post Number: 2
its for guitar....at £225...is that a good discount for a Marshall MG100DFX ??? and what are your thoughts on purchasing it online??

Silver Member
Username: Sun_king

Leeds, West Yorkshire UK

Post Number: 156
Yep, that's a pretty good amp. I've just looked at the specs. If you're buying new online and it comes with a Marshall warranty then you'll be fine. I've bought tons of things online, hifi etc and had no problems. Just make sure you buy from a reputable dealer. I've got a Marshall JCM800 that I've had for years and I recall buying that mail order (not online as such) but it still came through the post! I trust you'll be playing smallish gigs and miking the amp?

Unregistered guest
If I am buying 2 12" subs how many watts does the amp have to be? Does it depend on the speaker wattage? I'm so confused when looking online at different speakers and amps for them. Please help!

dboo
Unregistered guest
Buying amp, speakers etc

I am based in the UK but will be coming to US soon. I wish to buy an amp and speakers to ship back to UK. I am interested in preamps, power amps or integrated or combo etc. Can any one suggest what to get as I do not know the American market. I am looking to spend between $1,000 and $3,000. Thnaks for your assistance

FOGHAT
Unregistered guest
CROWN AMPS . Try Stanton Magnetics web page. They specalize in Pro stuff. Community loudspeakers. Electrovoice loudspeakers. Cerwin vega pro stuff.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us