I have $1,000 budget on a 5.1 system. need help

Username: Lesterlyles

Post Number: 9
I am not a speaker expert so I was wondering if you could provide some suggestions,. I have a Marantz 7400 and am looking for a 5.1 setup> I have hear bad things about Bose and so/so things about Polk. Now I am considering Paradigm. Seems to be very popular on this board and it looks like there is a good range of products. Does it go w/ my receiver? Any specific model suggestions? Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Valeem

Post Number: 133
Those that have heard Marantz/Paradigm reckon they are not an ideal match as both have a laid back nature. You would be better matching your Marantz with a more forward set of speakers so as to arrive at a more balanced sound. Some to consider that go well with Marantz are Monitor Audio, Mordaunt Short, Mission and even B&W. You may also find some others that are more specific to where you are located.

Username: T4o6o2l

Post Number: 4
How about the Klipsch Cinema 8 or 10. Read the reviews.

epic
Unregistered guest
Have you looked at the Hsu Ventriloquist or Orb Audio speakers? What's your budget?

MikeCruzer
Unregistered guest
I have the RBH CT5.1 speaker set. Falls into your price range and I think they sound great. They're small and wall mountable. I have them hooked up to a Pioneer Elite VSX 55txi receiver.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us