Input on Marantz please!

Kevin S
Unregistered guest
I was in to our local dealer who supplies both Marantz and NAD today. Was leaning towards NAD until reading of qualitiy issues on this board and listening to the salesman himself. Compared the SR5400 and NAD 753 on PSB speakers. He was out of stock on the 6400. They both sounded very good on the PSB's but I will be mating them to Bostons. I don't have the option of bring them home for a side by side test.

Please let me know how you rate these two receivers and how you feel they would match with the Bostons.

I know it is a broad question but I would really appreciate any and all input.

Thanks, Kevin

MarcUR
Unregistered guest
why not bring the boston's into the store and test them with the two receivers. If you can't bring the receivers home, bring the speakers to the receiver.

Gold Member
Username: Kegger

MICHIGAN

Post Number: 1011
kevin to me you have a tough choice there.

but if you feer the nad quality issues. put your
mind at rest and go with the marantz.

both are excelent recievers, you can't go wrong with either.

Username: Lesterlyles

Post Number: 8
I had the same question and in fact, I have decuided to go w/ marantz b/c of the quality issues. Why not consider the Marantz 7400? It is actually cheaper than the NAD 753?

Bronze Member
Username: Sulfur

Post Number: 36
I have the SR7300ose w/ B&W 603/601/LCR600. My brother has the SR5400 w/ B&W 601/601/601. We have had no problems whatsoever with either receivers & they sounded awesome (for a entry level setup). I think the 5400 has exceptional value at 1/2 the price of what I paid for mine.

You have a winner either way. If you search the old messages you would know I was seriously considering the NAD T762 last yr, but went w/ Marantz & haven't lost any sleep since. Either way you should buy from an authorized dealer and make sure they have a decent return policy just in case.

BTW I would compare the SR7400 vs T753, and SR5400 vs T743.

Username: Chuck_m

Cincinnati

Post Number: 3
Kevin - I got the SR6300 recently and Axiom M3's.
Am more than satisfied with both.

I also considered NAD, but backed off for the same reasons you mention.

Check out the deals at accessories4less.com
for Marantz & related.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
So you reccomend Axioms with the Marantz...I am looking for a 5.1 setup w/ the Marantz 7400 and I am considering Axiom.

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 550
Robert,
How much do you want to spend on the speakers and have you bought the 7400 yet?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
Yes I have. I want to spend $1,000 - $1,300 on the whole 5.1 set-up. Was looking into Monitor a bit. They have that bronze series but also have the radius series which I think would be nice (compact as well) for home theatre. Any reccos?

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 551
The Bronze series are fine and a good match for your Marantz. I think you'll have to boost your budget a bit though to include a good sub. The MA subs are too expensive so look elsewhere but the Bronze are a good choice. I have apair of B1's in my kitchen and they are terrific for the price and will make very nice surrounds.

Kevin S
Unregistered guest
OK-I was back in and leaning to Marantz. The last question is they have an unsold 6300 for the same price as the new 5400. Other than power, andn a better remote are there any differences. Has the 6400 changed from the 6300? Which way would you go? Also, does anyone have any comments at all on how Marantz and Boston Acoustic speakers pair together.

Thanks for the help Kevin

Silver Member
Username: Myrantz

Post Number: 507
IMO, the newer 5400 would be better than the 6300 for the same price - more real power under surround conditions and gets great reviews.

With the 400 series Marantz guarantees at least 70% plus of rated power with all channels running. Not sure about the Boston Acoustics but Marantz pairs well with slightly brighter speakers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us