Rotel RSX-1055 vs. NAD T763

Strube
The Rotel RSX-1055 and the NAD T763 are both listed at $1299, and I fully intend to purchase one of the two. How do they sound in comparison to one another and which is a better value?

Thanks

Skip
I am in the process of making the same decision. What kind of speakers are you using?

Generally speaking, and to my ears, the Rotel is a little brigher vs. the NAD, which has a slightly warmer -- possibly richer -- sound. The NAD is also bit more powerful than the Rotel, though the Rotel is plenty powerful for most setups. Depending on your speaker, the extra power might come in handy.

While a bit less powerful, I have found the separation on the Rotel to be slightly better as compared to the 762 (I have not yet heard the 763). This is using B&W speakers (700 series, which are roughly equivilent to my CDM9NTs).

NAD has had some qc issues in the past. Though their reputation is improving, it's something to keep in mind (i.e., I would consider waiting to see if the 763 is reported to have any problems or bugs).

I, too, would be interested to hear the opinions of others as I am still torn between the two...

Anonymous
How can you compare the NAD 763? It won't be out for another month if you're lucky and NAD dosen't run into more bugs. They are delayed and might be further delayed.

Stone
I was able to listen to both (T762) side by side and thought and the Rotel blew me away. Hard to put into words but I felt I could almost touch the sound. I was ready to spend in the Marantz 5400 or NAD T742 range and have completely done an about face. Now I will be saving for another half year or be looking for a used Rotel online. Also I am not aware of Quality Control issues with the Rotel line.

Strube
Yeah, sorry. I meant the T762 (although they have the 763 up on their website...)

I will be pairing whatever I choose out of the two with a either a Paradigm Studio 20 or Monitor 5 5.1 system, depending on how much cash I want to spend at that particular moment.

Paul T
Strube,
I just bought a pair of Paradigm Studio 20 version 3 a couple weeks ago, the yamaha receiver I had just didn't have the power to drive them so I did my research and ended up going for the NAD T752, The Rotel is a great receiver but to me not $500 better. Not even close to $500 difference, the NAD is warmer and music just flows out so smoothly. Not sure why you are going up to the T762 for the T752 has more then enough power for the studio 20v3's but I first thought of the T742 but decided the extra power of the T752would be great to have on reserve.. As for bugs I have had it for 3 days now and found no bugs or glitches with this receiver.. other then I find myself spending hours listening to music where with my old Yamaha/B&W setup I could only last around a half hour before listening fatigue set in, just too bright. The Paradigms Studio 20's are a great speaker, even at loud level listening they stay soo smooth and never scream at you like others I've heard at higher listening levels, too smooth for at times I don't realize how loud they are until I get up and leave the room and realize the neighbors must think I have a band in here LOL... Good luck and you won't go wrong with either the Rotel or NAD.. Speakers are what I always considered the biggest factor in stereo equipment when it come to great sound and the Paradigm Studios are smooth, accurate and very detailed..

Alan
Strube,

I compared the Rotel RSX 1055 and NAD 762/752 side by side. I ended up buying the NAD T752. Here's why. I thought the NAD 762/752 sounded identical....so I don't see the point of spending extra $300 on the 762. The Rotel sounded better to me than either the 762 or 752. It had plenty of power, very dynamic, much like the NAD's. The soundstage is what set it apart from the NAD. The NAD's soundstage is good, but I thought the Rotel's was slightly more expansive. I didn't buy the Rotel because the dealer would not sell it for less than $1100. I got the NAD T752 for $650.... The Rotel was better, but not THAT much better. If money's no object, I would recommend getting the Rotel 1055 or 1065, but if you're looking for the best sound for the money, nothing comes even close to the NAD 752...especially now when they're giving them away to make room for the 753. Good luck.

Strube
Thanks for your helpful advise everyone.

The reason I was comparing the 762 instead of 752 is just for the sake of equal price, but I agree, the difference between the Rotel and the 752 is substantial enough that even if I decided on the Rotel price, I would have got studio 40's or something and the T752 before paying for the Rotel name and the pretty asthetics. I will probably go with the 752 (and maybe I will even get the studio 40's, just to say I did. ha ha.) Debt is beautiful.

Thanks again.

Strube
Thanks for your helpful advise everyone.

The reason I was comparing the 762 instead of 752 is just for the sake of equal price, but I agree, the difference between the Rotel and the 752 is substantial enough that even if I decided on the Rotel price, I would have got studio 40's or something and the T752 before paying for the Rotel name and the pretty asthetics. I will probably go with the 752 (and maybe I will even get the studio 40's, just to say I did. ha ha.) Debt is beautiful.

Thanks again.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us