Anyone heard of Phase Technology Speakers?

Username: Bandito100

Post Number: 2
I have been looking around at different speakers and I have come along a brand called Phase Technology. They sound decent and of course the sales rep said they are great. I was wondering if anyone has heard of this brand and has any feedback or suggestions.
Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 524
I heard Phase Tech's last year when I was on my search for speakers to match my then new Elite 45 receiver. The PT's I heard were driven by an Arcam amp[pretty good stuff] and the music was my own and I was very disappointed in what I heard. To me thay sounded almost distorted even at moderate levels and the overall impression was they wre out of control and extremely overpriced. I heard two models, their $1200 bookshelves and their $3000 towers. Didn't like them.

Bronze Member
Username: Jonmoon

Post Number: 75
Use the search function as this has been discussed previously. As previously, here is a long thread regarding Phase Technology speakers. I own a 7ts and they are really nice speakers for the price. I compared them against Kef which I loved and felt they were better. They are good speakers for a good price. I have also compared them against B&W and Paradigm and think they hold up well especially for the price points.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=353531&highlight=phase +technology

J. Vigne
Unregistered guest
Phase Tech is a small (?) company out of Florida, or at least they used to be out of Florida, that for years made what are known as Black Box speakers for other companies. Some of those companies were/are well known and respected names in the audio world. P.T. made raw drivers that were used by other companies and built complete systems with other company's logos on the box.
In the mid 80's P.T. started to market their own line of speakers through select dealers. They are a respectable product that has a long history as a company, just not one most people have heard of by name.

Bronze Member
Username: Asimo

Post Number: 22
A friend of mine had Phase Tech Model 10 ? for more than a year.I held few listening sessions of classical music with him. It is a big black box three way floor stander US speaker. Finally he replaced them with Martin Logan. As far as I remmeber the PT gave accurate and big sound but without charm

greater good
Unregistered guest
phase tech haven't heard those in a few.
big sound but not very accurate.

Bronze Member
Username: Stone

West CoastUSA

Post Number: 60
I have heard of Definitive Technology which are sweet Bipolar H/T speakers but not Phase.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us