CA 540R - Remote Issue + OPT vs ANA Question

Username: Mondesi

Post Number: 1
Hi,

1) I was curious if anyone else has experienced the following problem with the Azur 540r: When controlling the volume with the remote, the volume changes in the OPPOSITE direction of what you wanted. Ie, I went to turn down the volume the other day (already at a high level) and nearly blew my speakers. This problem seems random, and has arisen maybe 15 times in the month I've owned the unit.
I purchased new batteries, but no help. My dealer said I should bring the remote in, so they can test it there. But what will that prove? The problem could be the unit itself, and there is no guarantee that this 'random' issue will decide to appear at that time.

2) My other question is related to choosing Analogue vs. optical inputs. I currently have my computer hooked up via optical, and my dvd player (just stereo right now) hooked up analogue. I noticed the manual recommends hooking a cd player up in analogue mode, but does not explain why. Is this because the DAC in the unit is probably not as good as the one in a cd/dvd player? Also, should I also connect my computer in analogue mode?

Info:
Currently using the onboard audio (Realtek AC97 - ALC650) on my abit motherboard. I also have an old sb live value if anyone thinks that would be better.
My dvd player is a Panasonic RV32.
And, I am a 'stereo' guy, only really interested in what's best for my music.

Thanks so much. I appreciate it if anyone reads this ;)

-Chris

Silver Member
Username: Kegger

MICHIGAN

Post Number: 930
i would leave the computer digital, should be less
noise than pc soundcard analog.

and some people experience cd dropout on the first
few seconds of playing a cd going out the digital
while the reciever decides what kind of source
is being sent it.where this won't happen on the analog.

and their very well may be better dacs in one of the 2 units.

you could allways try both and see if you hear a difference.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us