Speaker selectors, and other newbie questions

Anonymous
I'm putting together a poor-man's audiophile system in my new home. So far I've got the speakers - Paradigm reference 20/v2 and PW2200 powered sub. I'm now considering an NAD C320BEE integrated amp. The problem is we also want to run several pairs of ceiling speakers throughout the house.

There are two options to do this: (a) buy an n-way speaker selector. Unfortunately, I can't see any way around running the Paradigms through the selector (there is no A/B speaker out on the NAD). Should I be worried about this?

Or (b), use an older Denon receiver to drive the ceiling speakers. How should I do this? Can I use a 3 way RCA splitter from the NAD pre out to the NAD amp, powered sub and Denon Line-in jacks? Do these exist and sound decent?

Also, does anyone have any experience with using an inline, highpass filter to then drive the main NAD amp? (Will it help on the issue below?)

Finally, the wife is forcing me to put the Reference 20's onto a bookshelf. With the rear port, should I look to add openings to the rear surface? Any other recommendations to keep these sounding great?

Phew. Thanks!

-Dave
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us