Receiver connection question

Wayne
I have a rear projection HDTV (Toshiba 50H81) with a Scientific Atlanta SA3100HD STB. I don't yet have a receiver so all connections are from the STB to the TV. The problem with this box is that for SD channels on the component output it outputs a picture with black bars on either side. This could cause burn-in so it is not advised. In addition you have to hook up analog audio even if you have a digital receiver as the box doesn't convert analog audio to digital

Therefore when watching SD channels I switch inputs on my TV to the S-Video output from my STB which I prefer anyhow since it stretches the picture to a 16:9 aspect ratio. If I want to watch HD channels then I have to change TV inputs. This also requires using piggyback cables so that the audio out can be sent to two inputs on the TV.

So I will hook up my STB with component cables to the Component1 In on my receiver and the Video1 In on S-Video. I assume I will then hook up the analog audio to Video1 and the digital audio to Dig Coax1. Can I map the audio inputs so that both analog and digital will work with either Component1 in and Video1 in?

This would allow me to get rid of the piggyback cables and simplify the cable mess I have.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us