Any owners of the Pioneer Elite VSX-53TX

Paul in Texas
Hello all...
I just found out my son ordered me a Pioneer elite vsx-53tx. I have 4 Polk RTI150's will the 53tx be a ok match for these speakers?

also does anyone know where a on-line manual for teh 53tx is? I have checked Pioneer and they have little information on their newer recievers.

Thanks

elitefan
Paul,
You are a lucky guy top have such a nice, knowledgeable son. Elite with Polk is a great combination. Elite,s are very mellow and powerful and match perfectly with the Polk which at times can be a bit bright in the upper end.[not terribly so like Klipsch] I don't know about a manuel but you'll get the one with your receiver and it's a pretty easy one to understand. Good luck and enjoy your system. It's a very good one now!

Anonymous
Where can I get a refurbished Elite 45 or 53? Has to be an authorized dealer.

I don't want to pay over $650 for mine.

Thanks, John

Aaron
I just bought one and have the manual. Can I check on something for you?

Username: Exponents2046

Post Number: 1
I am thinking of purchasing the Pioneer Elite vsx 53tx. I currently have an all Boston Acoustics surround set-up: micro 90x2s(main), vr-10(center), vr-mxs(surround) and the pv-600 sub. Will the Bostons sound good with the Pioneer Elite vsx 53tx?
I also have the Pioneer Elite 47Ai DVD player. Is it really worth the extra money to purchase the 53txi, just for the special connection?
Thanks for any info! (especially from Elitefan and Hawk-I hear you are the experts...)
-Mark

Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 40
Mark,
To get the firewire connections you need the Elite 55. All I can tell you is look on the Pioneer website and the features of both and deside for yourself if you think the 55 is worth the extra $300 or so. G-Man might have some insight into this as he has the 47 and is considering the new vsx59 when it comes out.

Username: Exponents2046

Post Number: 2
Thanks Elitefan! How about the Pioneer Elite receiver/Boston Acoustics speaker compatability question? Any opinions?
-Mark

Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 58
I no longer have a BA dealer in my area and my only experience with BA was a low priced system about 6 years ago that turned into a disaster so I am not the best to answer this I know, but I would think the Elite would be a good match with BA if they sound anything like they used to.

Username: Harbolt

Post Number: 13
Paul, did you get your elite vsx53tx yet? If so, how do you like it? I am going to order one on Monday. Also, I am totally blind and am also looking for a manual online to help take some of the burden off of my sighted wife. Did you ever find a copy of the vsx53tx manual online and if so, where? Thanks. You can email me at harbolt@comcast.net if you would like to. I also live in Texas... Arlington to be exact.

Brent

Shannon
Unregistered guest
I have mirage omnisat speakers and thinking of buying the Pioneer Elite53tx or the Yamaha 1400 or Denon 3803. Which would sound better with my mirage omnisat speakers?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us