Onkyo A-9010 vs Marantz PM7200 for Dali Zensor 5

Username: Aretuseo

Post Number: 1
I just bought a pair of Dali Zensor 5. Overall i like them a lot. I find them incredibly detailed on the high frequencies but a bit dull on the bass. Currently i'm driving them with a Pioneer A-209R but i'm now looking for something more powerful and possibly warmer on the low end. I've read a lot of good reviews about the Onkyo A-9010 (45W) which i could get for about £200. At the same price i could buy a used Marantz PM7200 (95W - class A/AB mode) or a PM7001. Anyone ever owned these amplifiers so to make a sound comparison? Any suggestion on other good amplifiers, that could match well with my Zensor 5? My budget is up to £300 and i could go for a new or used equipment. Thank you

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 18520

Have you done a proper speaker set up?

https://www.google.com/search?q=loudspeaker+set+up+in+a+room&rlz=1CAACAY_enUS754 US756&oq=loudspeaker+set+up+in+a+room&aqs=chrome..69i57.10557j0j1&sourceid=chrom e&ie=UTF-8

" ... i'm now looking for something more powerful and possibly warmer on the low end."

I've been involved in high end audio for many decades yet I have no real idea what a "warmer" bass would be. Can you tell me what "warm bass" sounds like? How is that different from what you have? And, why would an amplifier change what you have?

Silver Member
Username: Edison

Glendale, CA US

Post Number: 975
Is the Cambridge Audio SR-20 within your budget over there in England? It's a classic British sounding unit...100 watts per ch. with phono.

Silver Member
Username: Edison

Glendale, CA US

Post Number: 976
I forgot to mention that your choice of speakers is right on! My next speakers to own, but I already have too many at the moment. I like their wooden fast woofers and the transparent top as you mentioned...They really deserve better amp section than the ones you were considering to get their potential out.

I would save more coins and get a proper setup if you ask me...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us