Denver Record Player vpl-120 sound in backroud when playing a record

Username: Spannernick1

Tottenham, London United Kingdom

Post Number: 1
Its a Denver record player vpl-120,its a USB and RCA player.and has it own speakers,When I turn it on you can hear a very low poping sound,as soon as I put the needle on the record and the turn table spins,you get this sound that don't go up if you turn up the volume,it sounds abit like a old internet modem or a program from a commodore 64 if you were going to listen to the tape thought a tape deck,it only happens where the turn table is spinning so I think I can hear the motor,The sound is not comming from the amp cos its sounds ok from USB,do you know whats doing it,if I know I should be able to fix it,if you want to hear it,I can video it and put it on YouTube..?

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 18491

The USB output is before the input to the amplifier.

Speakers, by themself, have no ability to do other than respond to the signal they have been fed.

How old is this table? Has it been in storage for any length of time?

Username: Spannernick1

Tottenham, London United Kingdom

Post Number: 2
Its new,its this one... http://www.denver-electronics.com/denver-vpl-120blue/

I plunged in a amp into it using the headphone socket and it don't make the noise thorough it ,only makes it thorough its own speakers and only makes it when the turn table is spinning...

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 18492

I do not know your player so I can only guess at the problem. However, it's very common for a system like your's to have a small chip type amplifier (a "gain stage") for the headphones that is separate from the power output stage of the main amplifier. The reason for this is the very low wattage required to drive headphones and the danger of damaging the phones with the more powerful amplifier meant to driver the speakers. So you still haven't proven anything.

Return the new unit, it's under warranty and, if you do anything to try to "fix" the problem, it's highly likely you will void that warranty. Return the unit.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us