Anyone Have an Opinion of Ruark, Energy or Canton?

Howdy,
In my area, we don't have a Ruark, Energy or Canton Dealer. I am travelling on business in Dallas and got a chance to listen to these three for a short period of time this evening. I must say that the Ruark, although somewhat pricey, sounded excellent. I listened to the Prologue 2s and really found no weaknesses. I didn't listen to the surrounds and/or center or sub since my priority right now is music, but I'd like this to work in a home theater as well.

The next I listened to were the Energy C-7s. The C-9s were not set up, so I didn't get a chance to listen to them, but for the money, they seemed like a very well balanced speaker. Not as much lower end bass like I'd prefer, but I think the C-9s might have that covered. Anyone with experience on the C-9s, I'd appreciate your feedback.

Finally, I listened to the Canton LE 109s. I thought they sounded good, but were remarkably unremarkable when compared with the others. They had nice sound, but I didn't think they really provided any true advantage to the others.

I am still trying to learn about speakers in this range and am trying to listen to as many in this price range as possible before I start limiting my decision. Any suggestions as to what else I should go find?

PS. Others I have listened to: Kef (too expensive), B&W (too expensive for good ones), JM Labs (I liked them alot), and NHT (great value, sounded good although didn't have a great amount of detail)

thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us