Rotel service

Bronze Member
Username: Tsl90

Edmond, OK United States

Post Number: 55
I have a Rotel RSX-1056 I've always loved. I'll bet its 12-14yr old. Today I noticed my sub wasn't working. After some troubleshooting I determined it seems to be the amp/receiver. Not the sub. I also noted that the On Screen Display is only partly available. It shows up when I turn the unit on, but I can't reach it to make any changes or find what any current setting are. I assume the only salvage would be some official service. The closest I can find is 4hr away in Dallas (I'm in OK). I imagine the shipping for this heavy beast would be insane. And that it would cost me a fair bit just to see what the problem is.

I'm afraid it just doesn't make sense to go down that road.

I may just tear it down/clean it out inside and see if any good comes from that. Wouldn't be the first time I fixed something that way. LOL

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 18331

Apparently, Rotel (USA) is owned B&W. Find a B&W dealer and ask about contacting their nearest rep. If you can contact the rep, ask what to do with your receiver.

At this point, do what you like with the receiver. It's out of warranty so you have little to lose.

Depending on your system, there might not be a logical reason to repair a 14 year old receiver. AVR's have a limited life span and your's has exceeded the average.

Parts may no longer be available since many of the circuits in an AVR are of the integrated chip variety and manufacturers are not required to support components after ten years of age (some components are less).

If you get to a service center, ask for an estimate of repair costs. This will cover troubleshooting but not repair. The shop should be able to give you an estimated cost and time of turn around if parts are available. If you decide not to go ahead with the repair, the shop keeps the estimate fee - usually about $60. If you go ahead with repairs, the fee will be applied to the final bill.

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 3408
Since the receiver is computerized, it MIGHT have a replaceable battery in a clip on the main board.

Replacing such a battery might restore menu / memory functions and allow further troubleshooting.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us