Subwoofer does not work

chris
I have a passive sub, so being a cheapo I found an old amp at a friends place that I have been using with it for a few years. It's a Sony N110. Whenever I connect the sub preout on my Onkyo SV919 to the mono input on the amp, I only get a vary loud humm. I tried a brand new higher quality rca cable & still no change. Wondering what could be the culprit. I don't have the funds to go out & buy another home theater receiver so have been using this outdated one for awhile. I have a Dolby DIgital converter ED-901 that I am using to get my 5.1. I know the sub works b/c I plugged the audio out on the back of my satellite receiver to the L/R input of the amp & it works. Unfortunetly I need that audio output for the replaytv, plus that doesn't help when I run a DVD which only plays optical out. Do you think the Onkyo sub preout is bad or the mono input on the amp is bad?

Berny
Have you configured the Onkyo to send out LFE signals? When you set up the Onkyo, make sure that you turn on the subwoofer.
cheers

chris
yes I did, the LFE has been turned on in the Onkyo. Beginning to think the preout on the onkyo is bad.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us