Denon AVR-1700 Stays on Standby

Username: Reneisla

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1
After powering on, panel says Dolby Pro Logic,then 87.5FM, then a click sound, then nothing will work, not even the remote. The standby light stays red. I tried resetting by turning off then pressing Power, stereo, Dolby buttons simultaneously. The Screen will flash all the characters and icons but will not stop flashing even after I released the stereo and Dolby buttons.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 17827

Where did you come up with your reset procedure? While many AV components share common chips, they might not share the same reset functions.

First, if you have not already done this, just unplug the receiver from its AC outlet power source for about 1 minute then plug it back in and start from scratch. Often, this alone will reset a piece of AV electronics.

If this doesn't do the trick, I would contact Denon to inquire about a specific reset for your receiver. If that fails to get the unit up and running, then the problem is likely in one of the chipsets in the receiver and it needs to go into service. If the unit is out of warranty, ask for an estimate of costs before approving any work.

Username: Reneisla

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2
I found out what was wrong with it. The Dolby Surround button was stuck in the "push" position. I opened the case and found the piece of plastic that actually pushed the button on the chassis was dislodged causing the button to stay pushed. After I fixed it, I was able to do a reset and everything worked fine. BTW, I downloaded a user manual from this site and read the reset procedure of pushing Power+Stereo+Dolby Surround buttons simultaneously.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us