No nothing about audio...need your help for a wedding gift

Username: Hooperdan

Post Number: 1
Hi everyone.

I need your help.

A buddy of mine is getting married and a bunch of us are chipping in to get him a sound system. He is a gamer and watches tons of Blu-Rays and we thought it'd be nice to get him something so that he doesn't have to rely on the speakers on his tv for audio.

We have $2000. In that, I'm hoping to get him a receiver and speakers (not sure how many you need nowadays? 5?) and all other accessories that might be needed (stands, wiring...etcc.)

Could you make a recommendation?

Thanks in advance!

Gold Member
Username: Dakulis

Spokane, Washington United States

Post Number: 1341
Well, it really helps to know whether he wants small speakers, large speakers, tiny speakers and what kind of music he listens to typically or whether he is just going to use the speakers for surround sound. Also, what size is the room, is it a rectangle, square, open on one end or . . . With a $2000 budget, you could look at a bunch of different things but you might want to go to an audio store in your area, not Best Buy, but a real AV store and talk to some people and listen to some options in that price range. Then, look at things online like Ascend Audio, Orb Audio, Outlaw Audio, One Call and you might look at Audiogon for something used as well. For the receiver, I would look at Denon, Harmon Kardon, Marantz and Onkyo. good luck.

Bronze Member
Username: Balanceblind

New York, New York USA

Post Number: 19
They gave me a lot of gifts for the wedding, but my father made a T-shirt with a print of my wife and me. It was pretty cute.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us