Revel Speakers ???

Bronze Member
Username: Dlovell2001

Alexandria, Virginia United States

Post Number: 72
What opinions can I get on Revel loudspeakers - specifically i'm looking at the new F206 in the Performa3 series.

I'm unable to listen to them. I'm thinking about buying a pair at a great price.

The Revel speakers i've heard in the past struck as me "accurate" in a way i've never heard before. They added nothing to the music - but not in the "British" polite sound of B&W or Monitor Audio. Not that that's bad - just different.

I listen mostly to EDM (electronic dance music), some techno/acid - still love classic rock and even a splash of jazz and classical here and there.

What I have now are Klipsch RF-52 - what I love about them is the power and definition of their sound. What I hate about them is the rear ports - honestly these are not the speakers that I could own for life and be happy. I'll always want to upgrade them.

I also have a history of not being happy with what I have. No matter what my audio system is I feel like it should be better. Personally - I think that is the definition of an audiophile. But that's another post.

I've always imagined B&W Diamond 804 to be the speakers of my dreams. I just wonder if i'll ever find a pair at a good price.

Has anyone listened to the F206? How do they compare to 804 Diamonds as far as power and clarity?

For now i'm using an old SS amp with tons of power (no issue there). If I upgrade to an integrated tube amp how much power would I need to drive the F206 (or 804)?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us