Outdoor Speakers

Username: Sleats

Post Number: 1
This forum is far more advanced than my knowledge base. I've read through a couple threads and see that my looking at "numbers" to assess value may not be the right approach, but I lack time and don't want to dump serious money into speakers.

I am debating whether to buy, unheard, Polk Atrium5's vs Polk Atrium6's. The specs are essentially the same but the 6's add roughly an inch in size in all three dimensions and can get down to 50Hz vs 60Hz for the 5s.

I don't really want to spend more than these speakers are available for. I've focused on specs here which might irritate Jan, but NOT my intention.

Question for the experts: What is the best value in an outdoor speaker today?

The living space in my yard is relatively large and I want the speakers to sound "good" high/low volume, nearby or swimming in the pool ...

Any and all thoughts appreciated. I cannot listen before I buy ...

Thanks!

Username: Turnerdaniel770

Post Number: 4
I saw some outdoor speaker on some online stores like ergode.com and virventures .com. You will get it in reasonable price too.

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 3100
No matter what you end up with, location of the speaker is very important. If you can 'back' the speaker up against the house, you'll improve all aspects of the sound. You should get more bass and ultimately it'll play louder, too.
This is as opposed to putting the speaker in the middle of a big flat area.

Keep in mind you will probably do LITTLE 'critical listening' and probably just want background music. I get much the same effect just cranking my system up�.when I adjourn outside for a sit and an adult beverage.

I sort of doubt it will matter WHAT you buy, as long as you experiment with location of the speaker before you nail 'em down. I personally like�..if I had a use for 'em�..EVE MOUNT speakers which'll be out of much of the weather and SUN..

What are you using for an amp? Do you have a speaker switch box or is it internal to the amp? Make sure that for longer speaker runs, you at least consider 1 size larger wire�.(for runs over say��30 feet)

Silver Member
Username: Edison

Glendale, CA US

Post Number: 961
Nile speakers are nice - they will play at a higher level than the Polks, but speakers are rather personal, and have to be heard in person before buying, if at all possible.

If not, then at least try to hear them on youtube.com if you can find a them there...

Username: Josh_butler0123

I love the convenience of portable bluetooth speakers. But for those who want a more permanent and high-quality outdoor audio solution for the backyard or patio, let me suggest a good pair of weatherproof outdoor speakers. The OSD Audio AP650 speakers are your best choice because they sound great, mount easily, and are built to endure harsh weather and resist invasion by bugs and dust.

Username: Sheqy

I remembered there was TANNOY DC 8 or dc12 outdoor speaker, thay might be still available second hand somewhere.
They had this great dual concentric design.
Sorry I am bit late for the party but somebody might find it useful.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us