Best Buy Fail!

Username: Funnystuff

Post Number: 1
I was checking out B&W speakers on Best Buy's website when I realized something was seriously wrong with the description...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Bowers+and+Wilkins+-+5%22+2-Way+Bookshelf+Speakers+% 28Pair%29+-+Painted+Gloss+Black/1276892.p?id=1218246219095&skuId=1276892

You can tell someone who had no idea what they were talking about described the features lol. It blows my mind that people like this have jobs. I picked out my favorite features:

quote:

2-way speaker system
Sounds like 1 source rather than several separate sources.

Flowport dimpled port design
Offers reliable use.

Vented box system
Ensures adequate ventilation to keep the speaker cool.

8 ohms nominal impedance
Effectively conducts power.

Yeah, these speakers sound like one source, not several separate sources and they conduct power! Plus, you gotta remember they put those dimples on the port so the speakers are more reliable to use (whatever that means)!

Bronze Member
Username: Dlovell2001

Alexandria, Virginia United States

Post Number: 70
The worst of them all is Amazon. The pictures for the products are the wrong product half the time and the description does not match the product quite often. If you ever decide to buy anything from Amazon please realize you cannot trust anything on that site - go research the product somewhere else! It's pathetic. But hey - profits are up!

Gold Member
Username: Superjazzyjames

Post Number: 2231
When ever possible, you should buy your gear from an independent retailer, not best buy. If you have to buy from bb, either know more than the sales rep flunkies or bring a friend who does.

My favorite is "Vented box system ensures adequate ventilation to keep the speaker cool."

ROTFLMAO!

Silver Member
Username: Ornello

Post Number: 294
I remember a Kodak page describing the merits of Plus-X Pan B&W film. It was hilarious, and Kodak no longer manufactures B&W paper!

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 3037
I used process color using Panalure paper at home.....getting a B&W print from a color negative. I'm not sure if it was a variable contrast paper or NOT?
These day? SCANNERS predominate. I'm still scanning 3 decades of film and transparencies.
Can't get drivers for my Mac, so I scan into my laptop and later move the files in bunches over to my mac........and the Laptop is USB1, so it takes a bunch of time.

Gold Member
Username: Superjazzyjames

Post Number: 2235
"I remember a Kodak page describing the merits of Plus-X Pan B&W film. It was hilarious, and Kodak no longer manufactures B&W paper!"

Too funny!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us