HAWK-MA GOLD 20'S- WHICH CD PLAYER?

LOOKING TO GET NEW CD PLAYER TO REPLACE EL CHEAPO JVC. LOOKING FOR RICHNES AND DYNAMICS. LISTEN TO MOSTLY ROCK AND BLUES. LEANING TOWARDS MARANTZ 6000OSE OR MAYBE 6000 RECLOCKED. ALSO CONSIDERING ARCAM CD72, MF A3.2. MONEY IS A FACTOR. DRIVING THE 20'S WITH DENON 2802, LOVE THE SPEAKERS. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT.

Hawk
RSPEERX:

Each of your choices are very good. I really like the Arcam the best of the list you suggest, it is a very smooth player that does everything right. Unless you have the matching MF A3.2 integrated amp, I just don't think the MF is worth the money they ask for it. Very fine player, but you can do just as well for a lot less money. Let me suggest a couple:

First, I would recommend the Music Hall MM-25, which runs about $525. It is a superb player, somewhat hard to find, but you will usually find it in a audiophile shop that likes british equipment. Same people who make excellent turntables, so they have really concentrated on quality sound.

Second, I also recommend the NAD 541, which you can get for about $400 (MSRP of $499). This player brings real texture to the music, just like the player above. Has won a couple of awards from magazines like "What Hi-Fi?" in the UK for the best CD player available. Widely available from NAD dealers or online (check with Kiefs-www.kiefs.com).

I hope this helps. Good luck!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us