Onkyo 601 and athena point 5

Mike P
I have decided on the onyko 601 and athena point 5 suround. What sub would suggest for around $400 to $500. Hawk Please respond

Hawk
Mike:

Are you getting the Athenas without the sub? I haven't seen that, but it makes sense--I have no doubt it exists.

Well, my number one suggestion is the Hsu Research VTF-2, for $499. Awesome sub, and better than anything out there for less than $1K (except its big brother the VTF-3).

For a little less, I would suggest the PSB Alpha Subsonic 5i, which you can get for $399 from Kief's, I believe. (www.kiefs.com)

I would also suggest the Paradigm PDR-12, which runs about $419, and the Velodyne CHT-10, which runs about $399.

Enjoy!

Mike P
Hawk, actually Best Buy sells the Athena Point 5 W/O sub for $399+. If I buy the combo from Onecall, I have to buy the whole package including the, I beleive P5 Sub and the 601 Onyko receiver for 936+. Do you think this package would be OK for the size of my 14X24 room. Any suggestions? P.S.- Your comments are very informative, thank for the help.

Mike P
Best Buy sells the Athena Point 5 set W/O the sub for 399+. The problem is that Onecall sells the the package with th P5 sub with the Onyko receiver for $936+. Again my room is 14X24. Do you think I should buy this set-up and add a sub as Hawk mentioned. Or do you think I will be ok without the additional sub. Shoul I consider other combo deals??
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us