Username: Nitsan

Post Number: 1
Hi.
I've to choose(long story) between new:
Harman / Kardon 670 in about 550 $
Cambridge Audio 640A in about 770 $
Cambridge Audio 540A in about 560 $
http://www.cinema-paradiso.co.il/Index.asp?CategoryID=81
Please help me choose. what do you prefer and why ?
Thank's
Nitsan
Israel

Silver Member
Username: Sun_king

Leeds, West Yorkshire UK

Post Number: 140
I'd get the Nad C352 or C320BEE to any of those you list. Nad amps are warm like the Cambridge but also have tuneful bass and detailed highs, unlike the Cambridge. I think the HK is a different kettle of fish, not my sort of amp but best to demo it if you can. It will sound completely different to the others.

Post Number: 2
Let me add that I have Mission 73I speakers and Pioneer dv-366 as a cd player.
I can't buy other amps thant that on the site above because I will make trade in with the marantz 4400 that I bought in that shop and he doesn't have Nad amps.
I took the Harman 670 to try at home and it sounds great. yesterday I took the 640a to try at home. still I didn't try it for a test. today I will.
I have problem with the harman because the company stops making this model (first they show it in 2001). other problem is that the 640a is more expansives.
need your help.
Nitsan
Israel

Bronze Member
Username: Asimo

Post Number: 15
Hi Nitsan

Why don't you try the Israeli forum for Audio Video. There are real experts and they know the Israeli market very well http://www.tapuz.co.il/tapuzforum/main/forumpage.asp?id=124
Ishay

Silver Member
Username: Sun_king

Leeds, West Yorkshire UK

Post Number: 141
The fact the HK is a discontinued model shouldn't matter. It will still be brand-new (I presume) and come with a full HK warranty. Make sure you're getting a suitable discount though if the model has been superceded. Have you listened to the 640A yet? What do you think?

Post Number: 3
Hi Sun King.
Yes I've been heard the 640a.
Even tough the 640a is much expansive than the hk 670 I think that there is only a little different.
I think that tha 640a a little bit more accurate than the 670 but the herman much reacher and smooth.
The design of the 640a beutifull than the 670.
Because I cant buy the nad that you praise I think that I would buy the Harman / Kardon 670 in about 550 $ brand new with 3 years warranty (unless you stop me by any reason).
Thanks
Nitsan

Username: Brijesh

BudapestHungary

Post Number: 1
Try the Audio Analogue puccini amplifier .. althugh it is little more expensive than the amps that you have shortlisted ...

It is warm, detailed, luscious, very engaging and truly loves the music it plays, while still has enough slam in the bass area and excellent realism in the midrange.

I was initially inclined towards the NAD as well ... but after i heard the Puccini.. never even looked at the NAD ! ... Have had the puccini for a long time ... and love every note it plays.

Try it ... u will not think twice about spendin that extra money

Post Number: 4
Thank you all.
You have been helped me.
Today I bought from someone Nad 320BEE.
I didnt have time to test it yet for real but it seems to be the right amp.
Thanks,
yours nitsan
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us