Denon 2805 what speakers

Jose mansilla
Unregistered guest
I just purchased the denon 2805.
Im looking at new bookself speakers,I thinking in B&W (CM, cdm or 705) , the paradigm s2 or revel M20

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 518
Jose,
I like Paradigm with Denon but what is a Paradigm s2?

Jimvm
Unregistered guest
I believe he's referring to Paradigm's S2 bookshelf in their relatively new Signature series.

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 403
The Signature series look very strange. The horrible center speaker design and the drivers are not embedded to the front panel. That will cause sonical reflections from the edges of the drives, why did they do them that way? does it not matter?

I would forget the CM series and try out the 705 and the M20 wich is really amazing. Nautilus 805 is a worthy competitor to the M20.

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 520
I looked at the Paridigm Signature 2 on their website and they resemble the B&W design of the tweeter sitting above the cabinet. Frankly I have never liked that design, it's too weird and ugly for me. These speakers are probably too expensive to go with a Denon 2805 anyway. Try the Monitor and Studio series and you'll find plenty of very good choices. You might also give some thought to PSB.

jose mansilla
Unregistered guest
I am considering the energy veritas 2.2 too

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 406
The Energys should be fine too, but I dont really like the 3-way design with the additional crossovar points. Maybe it doesn't matter, but I still rather would have a 2-way with a very low crossover point so the transfer between drivers wont be audible.

How about a JMLab Electra 907 Be?

Username: Axelsrd

Post Number: 1
I have the 2805 and I am using Paradigm mini monitors v3 as fronts, paradigm Titans v3 for rear and CC-370 center and it sounds sweet. I don't think you will have any problem with Paradigms.

jbl sudio s owner
Unregistered guest
how are JBL studio s speakers with the denon 2805? poor? sufficient? pretty good?

is the denon in a league of receivers that the jbl's are not in of speakers?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us