Must choose-752 vs 753 vs 1400???

Byron
Unregistered guest
This is an update from my post last week. I took the advise of a number of you and listed to the NAD and yamaha models for my Paradigm set-up (Monitor 7's, Atoms, cc370,PDR12). I have not been a Yamaha fan but have to admit I liked the sound, as did I of the NAD 753.

Here is the deal.. Is it worth going to a 753 as the dealer also has a 752 still new from last year. $1099 Can/$825US for the 753 and $799 Can/$600 US for the 752. Currrently has the Yamaha 1400 on sale for $999 Can/$750 US.
Were there many changes made from 752 to 753 and are they worth the increased price? Also how does the Yamaha compare to the two NAD's with regard to power and features. Have to decide soon before they are gone.

I am open to your thoughts. Thanks, Byron

Silver Member
Username: Kegger

MICHIGAN

Post Number: 934
i don't see much difference between the 752 and 753.
so to me the 752 sounds like the better bargain.

and as far as power goes the yamaha is rated higher
but probably in real life not.

i would say the nad sounds a little better but the
yamaha has more features.

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 412
I dont know about that. The 753 shares the design with T762/T763 so it's clearly different from the T752 wich is more like a T743 with a little more power. The T753 is bigger and weigths a lot more, it sounds clearly better than the T743 and has more usefull features than the T752. Of cource there is a price difference, but I think it's worth it.

Silver Member
Username: Kegger

MICHIGAN

Post Number: 939
landroval could very well be correct on the nad
differences.

i was just going by what little specs i found.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us