Reboot NAD

John H
Unregistered guest
Not to beat a dead horse, NAD hum, i am working thru noise problems with a 753 (sounds great stereo, hum other modes), dealer supposedly did a 'factory upgrade.' Hum still there and I'm trying to 'reboot' it to see if that helps. Pressing video 6 & tone defeat gets me firmware version number (1.27) but i can't find a way to 'reboot.' Anyone know?

Username: Ilari72

Post Number: 1
Press 'video' and '< source' at the same time.

Bronze Member
Username: Docdat

CopenhagenDenmark

Post Number: 90
Anyone know the key sequence for rebooting a T760? For some reason the volume won't go below -52 unless I mute the sound. Not really a problem, but I want to try rebooting it. Leaving the powerplug out when I went away for vacation, didn't change it.

John H
Unregistered guest
i've found lowering speaker volumes below 0 will change the minimum volume. for example, is your center speaker set to -_db?

also reboot for 753, i discovered, is "video 6" + "source>"

doesn't matter, digital processing still hums

Bronze Member
Username: Bobby29

Post Number: 27
John-

Check out this post. It may help solve some of your problems.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htforum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=202714&highli ght=NAD

Gold Member
Username: John_a

Post Number: 1845
Adam,

The service manual gives the following for "delete all tuner presets" but I have found it applies to all presets.

Power off

Change the position of the 9k/10k AM stepping switch

Power on

Change the stepping switch position so the wrong one for your region (the user manual says which; I forget; trial and error will do it).

Bronze Member
Username: Docdat

CopenhagenDenmark

Post Number: 92
Thanks all,

It was actually as John H suggested, caused by one of the channels being set to -10 dB. However I find it a bit odd that this should have impact on how low you can turn the sound when in stereo mode. The reboot instructions are still useful, as I've been trying to find them for some time :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us