Bohlender graebner vs Magnepan

Anonymous
I've been trying to setup a decent 5.1 system and have looked at various different speakers. I personally like the sound of Definitive Tech above all the standard speaker types. However, I heared a pair of Bohlender graebner planar speakers and was just astounded by their clarity and detail. I hear that the planar magnepans are amazing when coupled with the right receiver too. I know the planar technologies of both are different (electrostatis vs ribbon) but both have great reviews. Any opinions?

Anonymous
bump - sorry for impatience

Hawk
I love the Magnepans. They are absolutely awesome to listen to. I can understand your attraction to the Def Techs and the BGs, but Maggies are even cleaner and more spacious sounding, IMHO.

I think both the BGs and the Maggies are on a level above most other speakers. Can't tell you one is absolutely better than the other, but you will not be disappointed with Maggies. They will do the same thing to you that the BGs did--astound you.

I am a Maggie newbie. Is there a good subwoofer to match Maggie 1.5QR? Welcome advice from experienced users. I am looking at REL, B & W, and Paradigm. Thanks in advance.

Username: Edison

Post Number: 15
I like Hsu and monitor audio. Check on www.audiogon.com for good used prices.

Username: Heff

Post Number: 19
I'm w/Hawk on this one. Maggies have a flock of loyal listeners as much as Hawk has his flock of loyal followers. :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us