Pls Help. Need advice. Onkyo or Denon receiver?

daveisconfused
Unregistered guest
I want to upgrade my receiver and am having one hell of a time deciding between a few Onkyo lines and the Denon AVR 2805. Pls offer any insights and suggestions, incl other offer lines I should be considering.

First, here's my situation: I have the Panasonic LCD rear projection TV and all JBL Studio S speakers. My living room is relatively small, about 10' wide and 18' long (although I want a receiver that can "grow" with me and the size of my living room).

Key for me is to have the best SURROUND SOUND as this is the principal reason for upgrading. I listen to a fair mix of music and t.v./movies.

The contenders are the Onkyo TX-NR 801 and TX-NR 901 against the Denon AVR-2805 (I'm assuming the Denon AVR-4802 would blow all of these away, but at a big premium). It looks like the cheapest would be the 801, then the Denon 2805, then the 901.

Some of the questions going through my head:

- Is the Onkyo 801 so similar to the 901 that it's not worth paying extra for the 901?

- Is the Onkyo 801 so close to the Denon 2805 that it's not worth paying extra for the Denon?

- **Are my speakers not good enough to even notice differences between these different receivers?**

Thanks so much in advance.

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 399
The NR801 is a nice unit and will easily be sufficent for you room and speakers. If you are interested in the nettune feature there is no reason to get the Denon. Also no reason to pay extra for the 901.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us