Limited Space

Username: Rick9194

Post Number: 3
I need a decent audio system the will fit in a space that is only 12 inches deep. I don't care if it is seperate components or a all in one job. It will need enough power to use it for speakers in another room ... I plan on using a seperate A/B switch if the unit does not come with one. Price range is under $1000 including speakers.

Thanks

Jimvm
Unregistered guest
Try looking at the Sherwood Newcastle R-903. It is a 6.1, 100 wpc digital receiver that is 10" deep. That would give you 2" behind the unit for cables and interconnects. The U.S. MSRP is $599.95. I don't know where you can buy these (their website's dealer directory is not up) nor do I know if dealers will give discounts.

Good luck!

Username: Rick9194

Post Number: 4
Thanks Jim I've spent hours looking.

I notice that is an A/V system ... please excuse my ignorance .... can you use that like a stereo ... All I really need is a sound system.

Thanks again

Jimvm
Unregistered guest
I don't see any reason why not. I believe you would just connect your main speakers to the front left & right speakers connections in the back of the unit. To be certain, ask them; call them in Cerritos, CA. Ph. (800) 962-3203. If they say yes, and you decide to get one, you will have a great stereo until you decide to turn it into a home theater!

Good luck!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us