Please help me find a receiver

Unregistered guest
I hope you guys can help me. I need to find a 7.1 receiver with the following:

Ability to downconvert component video to s-video on multi room / record out jacks

Ability to downconvert digital (optical,coax) audit to analog on multi room /record out jacks

Ability to upconvert s-video inputs to component so there is just one cord between receiver and monitor (Pioneer Elite 50")

Ability via multi-room or record out jacks to feed audio and video to two other rooms.

The more inputs the better but the minimums would be:
2 component in/ 1 component out
5 S-video in / 3 S-video out (Monitor and Multi room and/or record out)
5 digital audit inputs (combination of optical and coax)

Current Receiver Denon 3801
The main reason I want to upgrade is for the upconvert/downconvert abilities. This would allow me to run two wires from each component to the receiver (component or s-video and digital audio. I currently have to run s-video and analog audio from each of the components in order to use the vcr out jacks to send audio and video to the bar and master bedroom. I have many components and I want the ability to view them simultaneously on all 3 monitors. I don't find Denon's remote and commands to be intuitive. I'm sure part of this is the infrequency that I change the Denon's settings and part is that TiVo's peanut remote and onscreen menus have spoiled me.

Equip: 3 HDTiVos, 4 SD DirecTV TiVos, DVD player, DVD recorder, Denon 3801, Sherwood stereo receiver (bar), Component selector, AV w/optical selector, Gateway Plasma (bar), Sharp LCD (Master), Pioneer Elite 50" plasma (Main).

Front and Center speakers are Definitive mounted on wall surrounding Pioneer 50". Surround speakers are ceiling mounted, rear surround are mounted in the back wall. I don't recall the brand of these speakers but they weren't inexpensive.

System Use:
HD&SD TV -- 85%
DVD -- 12%
Music -- 3%

Sorry this is so long.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us