Cheap speakers for house parties

Username: Jeezy_c

Covina, CA United States

Post Number: 1
I'm trying to find speakers to boom music during house parties. Low budget so i'll probably be searching on craigslist. What are some good speakers to look for? Preferably under $300 for a pair if that's even possible. if cheaper that'd be even better.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 5604
Haha you can get some really cheap ones from craigslist, especially the older speakers from the 80's when separate subwoofers weren't very popular (hence they'll have large bass drivers with lots of bass obviously). Especially since local people don't want to ship tower speakers (I don't blame them, either! I've shipped such speakers once with original packaging--B&W 684's--and will never do it again).

Pioneer and JBL are good ones to grab...I literally see such speakers go for $25-100 a pair over here haha. But with your budget you could probably get something a bit nicer. Since newer towers are meant to be paired with separate sub, the older speakers might fit your bill much better unless you're going to grab a separate sub as well.

Gold Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 4842
There's a reason strip joints across Canada use Cerwin Vega speakers....

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 16726

"There's a reason strip joints across Canada use Cerwin Vega speakers.... "

They don't show stains?

Username: Jeezy_c

Covina, CA United States

Post Number: 2
lol thanks for the response. what do i search for on craigslist? floorstanding speakers?

are these good?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pro-Audio-Home-Band-DJ-10-Black-PA-Speaker-Pair-New-/250 889876611?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a6a33b483#ht_5170wt_1170
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us