Receivers

Username: Culan

Post Number: 2
Hey guys help me with the selections on the receivers. I like yamaha receiver alot and can not tell the different between the 2 models: HTR-5590 and RX-v2300 both seem to have the same features and power. Which is the better choice and sound quality?...Thanks for the help

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 516
You are looking at older models. Look at the 1400 and 2400. Much improved over previous years models.

Post Number: 3
Thanks. I am looking at the previous year model because of the budget. I've seen the RXV1400 and I must say it rocks!....The sound and THX cert. ...Thanks for pointing it out therealitefan

Post Number: 4
Hi therealitefan, in your opnion which of these 2 models that you would recommend buying? Yamaha rx-v2400 or Denon avr-3805...Which have the better sound in music and movie?? Thanks

Username: Bleustar

Pensacola, Florida

Post Number: 4
Both the Yamaha RX-v2400 and Denon 3805 are actually very good receivers. Yamaha has really improved the sound with this model. Not harsh at all and very good features including the YPAO set up. The Denon sound is a tad less open and neutral but has some great features. The remotes are another thing to consider. Again, I think Yamaha has a very slight edge. For Home Theater I would probably go with the Yamaha, but both are very good performers.

You should also consider the speakers you are going to use which will dramatically affect the sound. Both of these receivers will sound good with a laid back speaker.

Your ears should be the judge though, the Denon also gives great value.

Post Number: 5
Thanks Bleustar!. I am currently using mirage 1295i bipolar with built in subwoofer. I just bought a Yamaha HTR-5590 from Best Buy it was from a previuos year model for $400. When listen to 6.1 chanels in stereo, it sounded funny. Did I set up something wrong? What is the different with HTR and RXV model?...Thanks for your help and advise..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us