Crackling sound from speakers

Unregistered guest
hey all,...newbie here..

here is my deal. I have a philips magnavox FW545C home stereo. I just moved and Im noticing that im getting some pretty bad fuzz from my speakers. I still get great volume from them, just some gnarly fuzz. Could it be the connection? I really dont know much about this kind of thing, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Blake

Silver Member
Username: Edison

Glendale, CA US

Post Number: 413
Sounds like you might have damaged the speakers.

If you really like to enjoy music loud, invest a little more and get something like this : Only $239 shipped (was close to $1000)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5710726540

Bronze Member
Username: Shantao

Post Number: 31
Blake;

check your wiring.

Perhaps first go through and make sure there are no loose strands of wire and that the connections are secure.

Next I would run the test function (that emits pink noise through the speakers) and see if it is only in one speaker or coming through all of them. That should give you an idea if it is in the speakers or in the unit.

Hope that helps

Silver Member
Username: Kegger

MICHIGAN

Post Number: 872
if it's a buzzing or hissing sound you may have
ground loop issues that the old house didn't.

you could try a line conditioner.

some of the newer electronics know about these issues
and only give you a 2 prong plug instead of the
3 prong with ground because the third/ground plug
induces the humm/hiss.

Unregistered guest
hey guys,

first..thanks for the responses.

now the questions..what exactly do you mean by the test function?

Next a bit more info..the house im in is a hardwood floor house that is quite older. The plug for the stereo is only a 2 prong.

I find that buzzing seems to come from more the base in the music more. The stereo doesnt have a seperate woofer. Im wondering if maybe I damaged the base woofers in the speaker??

Thanks again,
Blake
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us