Rcvr for Polk RTi8's/CSi5/FXi5's w/ SVS PB2-ISD

Username: Nkotb

Marietta, GA

Post Number: 1
OK, I picked the speakers, now help me pick the "right" receiver...

What I would like to use it for is:
Front projection Home Theater - 60% Movies & HDTV
30% XBOX
10% music DVDs & CDs

The room is 15'W/14'L/8'H with sound insulated walls (insulation +soundboard +anti-vibration drywall mounts)& can be completely closed off.

I can spend about $600 on the receiver

Receivers I have been researching:
Yamaha RX-V750
Onkyo ??
Pioneer Elite VSX-52TX
Denon 2805
NAD T743

Your thoughts? I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks!

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 512
Nunya,
Polks being a bit on the bright side do best with a warm, full bodied receiver and in your price range I would suggest the NAD you mentioned and my favorite in this range, the Marantz 5400. The Yamaha 750 and Denon 2805 are too thin sounding for Polk and work better with Paradigm or PSB. In the Yamaha line I would not recommend anything under the 1400, which can be had for under $600 mail order but the NAD and Marantz are much better match's with Polk. Check out the Marantz 5400. Hard to beat.

Marietta, GA

Post Number: 2
therealelitefan,
Thanks for the feedback... I can also buy Marantz @ the place I'm considering the Polks. I will do as you suggest. Speaking of the Paradigm's.. I went today to listen to the Studio 40's - A full complement of Paradigm's(studio 40's/cc470/ADP470's) would cost double the Polks! Are they worth it?

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 515
Nunya,
Only you can answer that question. The real question maybe is the Studio series worth double the Paradigm Monitor series? Listen to the Monitor 5 and 7. As I see it for your original budget you can go two ways. First is the Marantz 5400 and the Polks or the Yamaha 1400 and a Paradigm Monitor system. Both are very nice. Only your ears can tell you which way to go.

Marietta, GA

Post Number: 3
Interesting... I will pursue & share my findings. Thanks!

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 397
I'm still looking for a new receiver in this range and I haven't yet decided between the T743, SR5400 (or new SR5500), new Onkyo SR602 and Pioneer 52TX/53TX. They all have their strengths and weaknesses, but I think these are the best options in this range for most speakers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us