An adventure in near misses

avdude
1) I saw a used but great condition NAD T762 online yesterday (or Wednesday) for only $725; it has been listed for 6 HOURS when I found it.
I did research for just 15 MINUTES, not being fully familiar with it; when I checked back it was sold!

2) Then there was a mint Marantz 7300 for $575 late last night. With this one, however I was still thinking I might want to go with NAD (or Outlaw), because it was available for a while before it was bought.
Plus it didn't come with a warranty.
I knew there was a demo available with 3 year warranty for $599 OBO, which brings me to (3).

3) I e-mailed the seller to get more info on the condition of the demo. It had been listed for 22 DAYS. Now, just HOURS later, it has just sold.

It doesn't really matter though, because if I really wanted one of the latter two deals, I would have been able to get them...

I think I am leaning toward the NAD T752 ($699 NEW w/ warranty) or T762 ($899 NEW with warranty) now.
The Outlaw 1050 isn't completely out of the picture yet.
There is a demo Marantz 9200 out there, but the price ceiling is as of yet unknown...

If nothing else, I will know that I have done my research and be confident that my purchase will last me years to come.

The last few times something like this happened (e.g with choosing a digital camera 18 mths ago and almost choosing the wrong one - luckily I was outbid at the last moment and then noticed the camera of my dreams while researching the one I just missed), it worked out for the best.
I am sure the same thing will be the case here :)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us