Possible issue with built-in pre-amp?

Username: Beccalee

MN United States

Post Number: 1
I have an Audio Technica AT-PL120 that I've been using with a Pioneer receiver for 3 years. There is no phono or aux input on the receiver, so I've been using the CD input with the turntable's built-in pre-amp successfully. I just moved my audio equipment into another room, and now I can't get sound form the turntable. The pre-amp (at least the switch) is engaged, everything is connected just like before, but I can't get any sound form the turntable. The radio on the receiver is working, so I know the issue is not with my speakers. Any ideas? I'm worried something might be wrong internally, but I'm hoping I'm just missing something obvious. Help would be appreciated!

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 16609

You can't get any sound from the turntable? Or, you get low volume sound from the table? The former would indicate a problem with the table. The latter would make the problem more difficult to trace but not impossible.

Username: Beccalee

MN United States

Post Number: 2
I was getting no sound at all. With some help from audio technica, solved the issue by tightening the collar securing the headshell to the tonearm.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us