PSB -5T

Anonymous
I've heard good things about the PSB-5Ts, and I'm thinking of buying a pair. Where's a good place to buy a pair on-line (with an authorized warranty) and what electronics (receiver or separates, cd player, interconnects and wire) should I buy with them? Also, I still have vinyl, but my Technics turntable has had it. Any suggestion for a replacement?

Hawk
Anon:

Great prices on PSB factory "blems" can be had at DMC Electronics (www.dmc-electronics.com).

New PSBs can be had almost as cheaply at Kief's (go to www.kiefs.com for the phone number).

For a new turntable and cartridge, go to Saturday Audio Exchange (www.saturdayaudio.com) for their sale on the NAD 533 turntable/Goldring cartridge combination. Excellent turntable and cartridge and a great value at the sale price. You have to call them as well.

Mark
I bought a pair of 6T's from dmc-electronics a couple weeks ago. (I live local to them, so I listened to them in person and took them home.) There's a fairly noticable difference in the midrange performance between the 5T and 6T. I liked the 6T quite a bit better. I also listened to the Stratus Silver I. The 6T sounded very similar to it to me, the 5T paled in comparison. I went in expecting to get the 5T, but once I noticed the difference, I picked the 6T.

DMC has NAD products also, they can probably make you a good deal on everything.

I learned about DMC from one of Hawk's posts. I went to their website and discovered they were about 10 miles away, so I went there a couple times to listen before I bought the 6T's. David was a great guy to deal with. (Unlike his brother who owns the local Paradigm dealer.)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us