Pioneer Reciver Question?

Bronze Member
Username: Rickypearson

Post Number: 32
Hey I have a New Pioneer Receiver and after reading the manual I Found out that i can Add A Seperate Amp to each channel Via Back of Receiver, Could u tell me if this is worth it or is it bad or what thanks alot

Bronze Member
Username: Seamus

Post Number: 33
Ricky, I suggest you live with it a few days and get used to the sound. Then you can decide if you feel it is lacking in any way.
Most new receivers have pre-outs, to which you can add a separate amp. There are a few possibilities - you could add a stereo power amp to drive your front speakers, or use the receiver and the amp to bi-amp the fronts, or add monoblocks to each channel.... I haven't tried it, but others have used it to good effect.
As you can realise, it will be an expensive proposition. So, give your current receiver a chance before you succumb to 'upgraditis'.

Silver Member
Username: Edison

Glendale, CA US

Post Number: 407
That sounds like a good advice.

Many surround receivers don't do music well, and if you have good speakers, they will sound better with a separate amp (especially in the front) - that is if music is important to you.

If you are just watching movies, you might not need it.

If you want to add an amp in the front, post it on www.audiogon.com and you will get advices on good ones to get. The sight has good deals on used amps as well.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us