THANKS FOR NOTHING EVERYONE

Username: Vick

BIRMINGHAM, AL UNITED STATES

Post Number: 2
I POSTED A THREAD A WEEK OR SO AGO, AND NOONE SEEMS TO EVEN WANT TO HELP. SOME SITE THIS IS.

asal73
Unregistered guest
In answer to your question.. no, weights will not make it bigger...

Post Number: 3
YOUR MOUTH WILL THOUGH

Gold Member
Username: John_a

Post Number: 1764
On Helppp!! lost connecting the boxes!!! I know it's logical, buttttttt ........, Vick posted on Tuesday, May 11, 2004 - 11:58 am:

Please help!!!
I have an old RCA TV only one spot in the back to hook up anything, a sat receiver, vcr and dvd,right now it is all working - but I can not get the vcr to record when I am away from home.I have the vcr set to record but it doesn't do it. How can I hook this up to do a timed recording?

It sounds as if you have not selected, or not connected, an input to the VCR from the television receiver. If you are able to record manually (? this would be useful to know), then perhaps the input is selected automatically, but you may still need to select it manually ahead of any timed recording. The only way to be sure about this is to read the manual.

Probably no-one responded to your question because there are so many possible explanations, and several of them could be ruled out straight away if you gave just a little more detail. On this thread, you did not even link to the question. I ran "search" with the author string "Vick". I hope the above is the post to which you refer, and that this suggestion helps you locate, and solve, the problem.

Silver Member
Username: Kegger

MICHIGAN

Post Number: 864
also if you post in the right area you are more apt
to get an awnser!

and when piggy packing on someone elses thread
that is just rude and will generaly get you no replies.

so if you really want help/awnsers:

1: start new thread.
2: give as much detail as possable.

when asking a question if people have to try and figure out
what you mean by asking you more questions many
will just not pay any attention to the post.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1771
I agree with Kegger. There is also the feeling that you might just consider reading the instructions. If some part is unclear, there are lots of people who've been throught that, and can maybe help. "Wired up new box to amp and no sound from speakers" is a tough assignment. Then there are these things called dealers...

Post Number: 4
MY FIRST POST WAS UNDER MY REAL NAME, GARY SHELLEY. IM NOT AN IDIOT, I KNOW HOW TO POST A THREAD. IT WAS A NEW THREAD UNDER AMPS B/C I HAD AN AMP QUESTION, WHICH I HAVE THE ANSWER TO NOW FROM ANOTHER SITE. I JUST FIND IT RUDE THAT PEOPLE CAN MAKE F*#!ED UP REMARKS LIKE "WEIGHTS NOT MAKKING IT BIGGER", BUT IN MY ORIGIONAL THREAD I DIDNT GET ONE REPLY.

Silver Member
Username: Kegger

MICHIGAN

Post Number: 870
i just found your original post under "home audio" <amps>"

"I just bought a rockford 551X for my wifes neon. Though I have had systems in the past, I have never dropped the ohms, therefore, I dont know how. Is it simply putting the speakers in parallell? I want to use it for my door and deck speakers. I have audiobahn 6.5" components that need 240 watts, and audiobahn 6x9's that need 400. I thought if I had 120 watts or so going to each of the components, and could get 140 to the 6x9's, I would be safe. Someone smarter than I please help!!!!"

where this is obviously an "car audio" question.

and should have been posted in the car audio section
not home audio.
then you probably would have gotten some replies.

but i do agree with you the weights comment was
not needed.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1776
Vick,

"MY FIRST POST WAS UNDER MY REAL NAME, GARY SHELLEY. IM NOT AN IDIOT, I KNOW HOW TO POST A THREAD"

I disagree. You can't be bothered to explain your problem; you change your name to remove any possibility of anyone who WANTS to help tracking your original post; you put the question in the wrong category; you get annoyed that people are not telepathic; and then you weigh in with insults.

Presumably your time is worth a lot more than anyone else's.

Anonymous

Vic: What do expect for free? Take a pill.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1090
Stop screaming.

Bronze Member
Username: Oknessad

Post Number: 71
I actually thought the weight response was quite clever and funny simply because there was absolutely know way of knowing what thread you were referring to and so asal73 was merely pointing out the fact that your original question could have been anything for all we know, hence he made the remark.

I second Anonymous's advice... take a pill.

But make sure to enjoy the music while doing so!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1779
Kegger, Anon, Berny, oknessa,

Thanks, guys. And I am left feeling like a fool for trying to help...

Personally, I think this is a great forum. I have learned more here than I ever imagined.

Username: Indylt

Indpls, In US

Post Number: 1
I am looking for some one that is familiar with wireless public address systems. Our budget is frozen and the PA quit. I was wondering if I could insert a microphone just ahead if the (what appears to be an ASI 8-250) audio amp. Was using an old 50 k ohm impedence dynamic mic but got no results. I do get a hum and feed back from the horns but nothing intelligible. thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 1791
James,

Sorry I know nothing on that. Good question, though, and one that does not really fit on any thread. In your place I would go to an electronics hobby shop, ask for suggestions, and read the literature. They usually have PA system components.

J. Vigne
Unregistered guest
I don't clearly understand your problem from the dsecription you have provided. But from what I can make out you have lost the pre amp section of your system. A microphone needs to be stepped up in voltage and plugging in before the amp with no step up device will not work. My best advice is to give the manufacturer of the PA system a call.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us