Bang&Olufsen Bookshelf wired to subwoofer

Username: Erikr

Post Number: 1
I'm trying to wire my Bang&Olufsen Bookshelf speakers to my Celestion S8 Sub woofer. I tried connecting it to the wire connnectors, but it didn't work, is this possible, and if so, what can I do to get it to work?

If there any other way to wire it, please let me know.

Thank you

Upload
Upload

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 16496

The amplifier's speaker outputs need to run to the sub's "speaker input". Then run the sub's "speaker output" to your B&O's.

Post Number: 2
Okay, so I found some old Onkyo Power Amplifier. I ran it to the subs speaker input and the B&O's to the sub speaker output and it still isn't working at all.

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 16497

That's the correct connection scheme. I'd check each piece to make sure they are all operating as intended.

Post Number: 3
Hmm, I think they are, here, I'll see you pictures.

Products:
Celestion S8 (this one works very well btw)
Onkyo Stereo Power Amplifier M-5000
B&O Beovoc CX100

I hooked it all up on the left side.
White Wire = B&O
Black&Red = Hooked to Onkyo AMP

Upload
Upload
Upload

Post Number: 4
Also, I am connected to my computer with a 3.5mm to RCA connected to the Subwoofer, not the amplifier, would I need to connect it to the amplifier instead of the subwoofer?

In the first picture, you can see i am running RCA cables from the subwoofer

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 16498

Run the computer into the amplifier and the amplifier's speaker outs into the speaker inputs of the sub. Do not connect the RCA cables to the sub.

Gold Member
Username: Superjazzyjames

Post Number: 1705
"Do not connect the RCA cables to the sub."

Exactly! You need to use either the RCA connections OR the speaker level connections. NEVER use both at the same time.

Post Number: 5
Okay, worked alright. Made some sound, but output was extremely low.

Decided I needed a pre-amp. So, how would i wire the Subwoofer, the Speakers (3), The Amp, and the Pre-Amp

Also would I run the RCA to 3.5mm cable from the PreAmp to the computer or from Amp to the computer.

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 16503

Why did you decide you need a pre amp? The computer should provide a standard line out voltage level which, at minimum, should be approximately two volts RMS. That should drive the system to adequate levels if the power amp is operating as intended. If the problem is "extremely low" output, then there might be a problem somewhere else. Or you and I might disagree on what "extremely low" output actually means.

First, check all the settings on your computer. Are you sure the power amp is working properly? Connect the speakers directly to the amp and check levels.

Otherwise, a "pre amp" is inserted into the signal chain directly in front of the next gain stage, In your case this would be directly in front of the power amp. The computer is your source so it is at the front of the system, not at the back end unless you've left out even larger chunks of information than I already see as missing. Which cables you use would depend on which connectors you're plugging into. I would think any shop that sells a pre amp would be able to diagram just how to make your connections.

Post Number: 6
Okay, I was mistaken, I rewired and the sound was pretty decent. But i still wanted the preamp for all the fine tuning, so i just wired in and works perfectly. I have my sub and the B&O connected. Next I'm going to connect another B&O and two other speakers.

Thank you for all your help, I've learned a lot from you! Thanks!
I don't think I can give rep? Can i?

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 5583
Nope, can't give rep.

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 16509

Next time you're in church, just light a votive and pray for the poor souls in Purgatory.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us