PSB Image 5T vs Paradigm Studio 20's vs Paradigm Studio 60's

Unregistered guest
Which of the following speakers should (at least on paper) be the best match for a NAD C320BEE integraged AMP and a NAD C541i CD Player:
1) Paradigm Studio 20's
2) Paradigm Studio 60's
3) PSB Image 5T

The room is about 10.0x10.5x8.0 ft and is open on one side, i.e. only three walls. It will be used to listen to music only: pop, classical, jazz. What will work best?

Bronze Member
Username: Gio

Post Number: 17
At 50w/channel the C320BEE will not have enough juice for the Paradigm Studio 60.The mids and highs will sound OK, but the bass will be awful. Despite what paradigm claims on their website, it takes an amp with good power and current to drive the Studio 60 and 100.

Username: Audiophiliac

Boise, ID USA baby

Post Number: 5
I have...well HAD as of this weekend...2 pairs of Studio 60 V.2s and ran them with a Denon 3802. Sounded amazing!! in a much larger room. NAD makes solid amps...the more power the better but you cant judge an amp by its wattage rating. Some of the best sounding amps in the world only make 7-15 watts! So try before you buy! Thats always my advice. PSB in my experience are really similar in sound to Paradigm. Both canadian companies. I like Paradigm. I install LOTS of them and they make excellent speakers for the money. I say try them all and see what YOU like. The 20s tend to image and stage a bit better....the 60s have plenty of low end to get away without a sub in most situations. If I were you, I would do the 20s and invest in a larger amp or a sub in the future. :-) Good luck!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us