Velodyne CHT-8 cutting in and out

Username: Stevenkeys

Post Number: 1
Guys, need some help. I've been very happy with my Velodyne CHT-8, but lately it's started cutting in and out.
My 1 year old has walked behind and messed with the dials and switches a few times. But I thought that I had everything back to normal. Need some help.
My CHT-8 sits on the floor, and I'm using a Sherwood RD-7103 audo/video receiver.

What I'm experiencing: subwoofer, instead of steady bass tones, sounds like it's cutting in and out. My speakers are all plugged in separately.. the subwoofer is plugged into the special "subwoofer pre" out on the sherwood. And my two main speakers are some Bose 161 wave tube speakers. They're both plugged into my sherwood separately into main L & R outputs, and not routed through subwoofer.

My velodyne cht-8 settings, which I've tried messing with to no affect:

Low pass x-over : 120Hz
Phase: 0
Direct (not internal x-over)

In other words, I'm not using a traditional surround setup, but more basic.. two BOSE serving as main, with just a sub on the floor.

My sherwood has a bunch of speaker settings, and I've tried researching the manual. I've tried increasing the SW (subwoofer) channel as well. And I'm using a Stereo setting, no surround.

Need advice.

-Steve
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us