Denon 1804 vs. 2805?

Derek
Unregistered guest
I am in the market for a new reciever and was wondering if the 2805 is worth the extra $400 canadian or not? any other recievers I should check out?

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 375
What speakers do you have? what kind of use, music, movies? big/small room? any special features needed?

Username: Awedio

Montreal, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 5
The 1804 is a decent amp that i have been using for the past year or so. i would recommend that if u dont go for the 1804 to save up a bit more and get the 3805. one reason is for the remote the 3805 comes with. i know this isnt a reason to get an amp but it is a plus. as for the rest it really depends on what u need and what speakers u plan to use. dont know if that helps at all...if u really want an 1804 i got one.

Silver Member

Post Number: 378
From what I know the remote of the 3805 is far from nice to use, most people prefer normal buttons.

Derek
Unregistered guest
i plan on getting a set of paradigm floors (either the monitor 7's or something along that line to go with my titan bookshelves). The room is maybe 15 by 20. I listen to all types of music, however mostly alternative

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 504
Derek,
In the Denon line I see no reason to go above the 2805. It has enough power and inputs for most any situation. I like your plan to get the Paradigm 7's and if you do I would also consider the Yamaha 1400 and 2400. Also consider the NAD 743 and 753. Sonically the NAD is superior to either Denon or Yamaha but we all have different needs and the limited inputs of the NAD might be a problem. Between the Denon and Yamaha for the Paradigm's I would rather have one of the new Yamaha's. The only problem for me on these new models is the lack of a direct mode for 2 channel music. Wish Yamaha would see that that's a basic feature and include it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 383
You sure they dont have a direct mode? or is it for multichannel input only?

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 505
landroval,
The 1400 and 2400 do not have a direct mode for 2 channel listening where the sub output is active. You have to use stereo mode for the sub to be on. I think this is a real oversight and every review I've read has mentioned this as a negative. I give Yamaha credit for vastly improving the sound on these two models but wish they would see the light on this issue. I listen to all 2 channel sources in direct on my Elite 45 and it is much better than stereo mode.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us