What speakers for a Rotel RA series system??

Hi everybody:

My system is a:
-Rotel RA02 (Integrated Amplifier)
-Rotel RCD01 (CD player)
-Inteconnection Van Den Hull Hibrid 102 MkIII
Anybody can suggest me any speakers for this system?. I have the idea of a couple of B&W 602S3, but I don't know what to buy. I am able to spend on speakers up to 1000 Euros (approx. 1100 USdollars or 700 UKpounds).

Thanks for suggestions... Javi

ps: Room size 30 square metres and pop-rock, prograssive music (no disco), i prefer the clear and detailed sound than high volume-lot of bass sound.

Hawk
B+W is an excellent choice for that amp, and so are Krix speakers. If you find Krix in your area, check out the KDX-M model.

Javi
Finaly I bought them:

Yesterday I went to buy my speakers. I try three different speakers. The best were the B&W, they sound better that a pair of bookshelf Monitor Audio (I don't know the exact model, but they cost the same than the BW and the have a couple of small bass-reflex ports in the front). The MA are in some cases (very flew) a bit more defined, but for modern music it is not able to reproduce the drums properly (My ears think).

The test took about 1 hour and I was lisenning some very well known by me songs. As a resume, the music that I used is: Alan Parson (Eye on the Sky), Dream Theater (Metropolis and Awake), Iron Maiden (Piece of mind), Pink Floyd (Dark Side), Sade (Love deluxe) and Sting (ten summoners tales).

The amplifier was a Rotel RA01 that they had on the shop, and the speakers are not new (they had passed the 25 hours of run).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us