NAD 753 what speakers?

Username: Awedio

Montreal, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 1
I just purchased the NAD 753. At home i have the Klipsch rf3ii speakers. I know that the speakers are bright. When i bought the NAD I heard them on some kef q series (not sure which model), but they sounded great.

Now im thinking I'd like to get some warmer speakers..albeit perhaps better quality as well then my klipsch.

Im looking at B&W CM or 600 series, the PSB image or stratus series, or the KEF Q series.

I know this is pretty broad, but any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 499
I would recommend you listen to the Paradigm Studio series, primarily the Studio 40 and 60. Both are great speakers for the money and match well with NAD.

Silver Member
Username: Johnny

Missouri

Post Number: 381
Ian,

Elitefan makes a wonderful recommendation, but the other three brands you listed all sound great with NAD as well. I have an NAD T762 paired with some PSB Image series speakers and I absolutely love it. The PSB's bring out the detail and clarity of the NAD even more. If you can afford the Stratus series...the sound would be even better!! The PSB Image and Stratus lines have a very warm and detailed sound...very similar to Paradigm.

Montreal, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 2
Thx for the suggestions so far. I hadnt thought of paradigm, ill look at those too.

Just an extra piece of info. My use of the system is 60/40 for HT/Music. I need to take that into consideration when choosing.

Bronze Member
Username: Oknessad

Post Number: 68
I'm a believer in the sound is sound camp so I would tend to say that it wouldn't matter how much you listen to music vs watching movies. I suppose it might if you are thinking about how much to budget in for surround or center channel but it shouldn't matter because any speaker you buy should play BOTH music and movies well or else something is wrong with the speaker.

That said, I have some PSB Image 6Ts in front and am very happy with them. I had klipsch bookshelves before and was happy with them as well (although they were not well placed and I didn't have the budget to buy better) but the PSBs blow them away.

I had a chance to listen to the studio 100s last week and was very impressed with them. Of course they are quite a bit more expensive than mine but I was impressed none the less.

As others will say, listen to as many as you can. It's easy to get stuck on one brand just because you want to like it etc so make sure to keep an open mind!

and most importantly of all...

Enjoy the music!

Montreal, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 3
oknessa,

I agree that speakers should be able to play both music and HT, however in HT u do rely on a sub to produce the lower frequencies. So i mention music because i want speakers that adequately produce the lower range and dont sound like something is missing. Of course that also depends on the receiver. which brings me to another question. with the nad t753, (i dont think its bi-amp capable) would it be worth it to get a seperate amp for the fronts?

about the speakers, from some threads i figure i may not be satisfied with kef (cabinet and wiring quality?). so im looking more to psb and b&w. the paradigms look great, but i cant find any prices yet.

i

Bronze Member
Username: Oknessad

Post Number: 70
You make a good point. It is true that HT needs a sub. Will you be including a sub in your purchase? If so, I'd think about a SVS just based on so many positive things the owners have to say.

I'm on the fence right now debating whether to step up or not. I have a Klipsch KSW-12 that I've been happy with so I don't know if I should upgrade just for the sake of upgrading... I'm sure there would be a difference but would it be worth it? (btw, i'd be willing to sell my klipsch for a good deal if you are interested...)

ok, enough of that. I agree that PSB is a great place to look. They are not that expensive and use the same components throughout the Image line so you know you are getting quality stuff even on the smaller speakers.
I have been tempted to put an amp on my front channels and so I bought an NAD 2200 amplifier but ended up selling it because it was much less quiet than my T752. I do believe a more powerful amp will help with low end grunt but honestly, that 753 will be more than enough for most applications.

Let me know what you decide.

Silver Member
Username: Johnny

Missouri

Post Number: 383
Ian,

I think I remember reading/hearing somewhere that Paradigm does not sell over the internet AT ALL...so it may be difficult to find prices online. Maybe use the "dealer locator" on their website and give some dealers a call?

Montreal, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 4
Johnny, i took ur suggestion and called my local paradigm dealer. he gave me a price lower then i expected actually....and these speakers are looking more and more appealing. i will still listen to them, and i still want to price the psb speakers after work. so my search is narrowing.

oknessa, i actually have the same sub as u. its a good sub, but i dont think i need 2 :-). right now im not sure what ill do about an amp for the fronts or for a sub...im looking more at the rest right now..but ill let u know.

just a question, in considering the psb or paradigms...should i still look at the b&w 600?

Bronze Member
Username: Stone

West CoastUSA

Post Number: 48
I think you should definitely look at the B&W's. To me te PSB's are a nice, safe choice but they just don't thrill me. You will quickly grow out of them. (that's just me). Paradigm's are a good bang for your buck speaker.

Montreal, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 6
I had narrowed down my speaker selection to either paradigm or b&w. seeing as how i will keep my klipsch for ht....the new speakers would be simply for audio. but as i was auditioning the paradigms and b&ws....the sales person showed me speakers by a company called quad. i fell in love. i would just like to know if anyone else has had experience with these speakers....

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 379
I would add Dynaudio to the short list.

Bronze Member
Username: Stone

West CoastUSA

Post Number: 49
Quad... outstanding speakers. If you like them buy them. You will not be stepping down from B&W or Paradigm with that purchase. Beautiful veneers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us