Speaker stand???!!!

twng
Unregistered guest
I have a question about speaker stand. Most people would suggest mounting the bookshelf speakers (I am using Polk Lsi9) at about ear level, which seems to make sense. However, there are some other people claiming that the ear level setting is too high and the speakers should place at a much lower position and tilted up a little bit, and it "should" be a better way, well, at least that's what they claim.

Now I am using Wood Technology 26" speaker stand for my speakers, it does seem a little bit too high for me. I am thinking to replace it with a 21" or even 18" stands, and move this 26" stand to the surround speakers. Would it be neccessary for my set up?

Be honest, I am a bit confused. Any idea? Tks.

J. Vigne
Unregistered guest
I believe I'd stay with what Polk suggests. Who told you it would be "better"?

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 500
I would stay with your 26" stands as they would keep the tweeters on the LSi9 at ear level which is exactly where they should be. You've got it right.

Username: Twng

Post Number: 1
First, thanks for the replies.

Vigne: I checked the Polk website, and strangely enough, the speaker stand for Lsi 7 and Lsi 9 range from 28" to 34" (30" for Lsi 9)! If that's what Polk recommend, my 26" set up seems to be still not high enough!!

therealelitefan: actually I have a question about the ear level set up, as the tweeters of Lsi 9 are in the middle of the speaker, and the mid range is on top of the tweeter. Which one should I aim for the ear level? The tweeter or the mid range?

Thank you.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us